This weekend I travelled up to Sheffield, my alma mater, to see my lovely friends. I stayed with the gorgeous Katharine & Jack who treated me with delicious food - a special shout out to Kath for entertaining me with 10 charity shops on Saturday. I even managed to obtain a Christmas jumper! (I am as surprised as anyone else that a Christmas-lover like me took this long to buy one). We also visited my favourite Sheffield park to see the squirrels, the Sheffield Botanical Gardens, and I had the best pastry of my life from Crumbs (cinnamon bun focaccia - wow!). On Saturday night we even watched my first Christmas film of the season - Love Actually.
I especially enjoyed getting to see Peanut (bunny) and Ottie (dog) - they are cute enough that I will stroke them*.
*I have a mental graph of cuteness to risk ratio, where if an animal is cute enough I will suffer the consequences of allergy. Less cute animals do not pass and therefore do not get stroked.
I think dad would not mind if I moved to Sheffield so that he could access these baked goods.
On Sunday we met up with newlyweds Alex & Joe, and new parents Liv & Joe. And me, newly engaged! What an exciting time. A fabulous pub roast with plenty of catching up before we had a cuppa at Liv & Joe's new home. The main excitement of the day was meeting baby Boddye - Robbie! Much broodiness going on here (much to the displeasure of my dad...).
What an excellent weekend. Although it happened that I was the only one working the next day and the only one with a 4.5hr journey home - next time, all are welcome in Cardiff!
Managed to get photos of the baby & new mum, but no other photos of us!










No comments:
Post a Comment