Monday, 26 May 2025

Tredegar House

I've been meaning to explore some of the National Trust spots near to Cardiff, so today Mark and I chose to go to Tredegar House. The main appeal of this was a little woodland walk without needing to enter the National Trust site itself, ergo* just paying for parking. I'm never too fussed about the house aspect of National Trust places, but I love the gardens.

The weather forecast all weekend has been promising lots of rain, so of course when we got there were were regretting not bringing sunglasses...classic. It was a nice wee walk around a lake, and the rain only got started as we were heading back. The main highlight was the 'accidental' find of a secondhand book shop - yay! Mark got briefly excited when he spotted what he thought was a chess book, but I had to break the news to him it was in fact Breaking Dawn. The cafe was pretty lacking with a huge queue, so we headed back to Cardiff (and had tea at home). 

We've got our eyes on Dyffryn Gardens next week - if we time it right we may even get to see the Helios!  πŸŒž

Update 31/05/25 - No luck, Helios not displayed due to wind! Out of the 8 days it was due to be up, most seem to have been cancelled due to high winds. 

 
    Cygnets!                                              Mark has settled into Welsh living very comfortably. 


*Mark's current favourite word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment