On Sunday I did my first proper 'race' - the Great Bristol Run 10k!
Mark and I travelled to Bristol the day before and had a lovely time enjoying the sun with John & Jacqueline before a yummy (but expensive) dinner at Root.
I was surprisingly nervous for the 10k itself - I think mostly about the logistics, but also about my legs! I've ran 10k before but still not quite enough times to feel confidently I wouldn't just pump my legs out too soon. I ended up having a great run (despite complaining about the 'hills' of <50m elevation) and the route was sufficiently interesting. It was quite novel to me to run in an area where I had no idea where I was going! It was very hot in the sun despite starting before 0900, so the water was appreciated at half way. Mark was my good little supporter, running alongside me at point and cheering me on.
I was very pleased to run two new personal bests for my 5k and 10k distances - the sub-30 minute and sub-1 hour goals are almost within reach! Maybe I am enjoying this running malarky.
Next run is in July where I bullied Cait into joining me - watch this space.
No comments:
Post a Comment