This weekend I headed to Devon to visit a few of my favourite people.
First stop was to mum & JC's new home in Cullompton. Look at this gorgeous wisteria! (mum complains that it is too heavy but that is the price of beauty).
We hopped in the car and drove down to Sidmouth for a jacket potato/chips/homity pie at our favourite cafe there, before browsing at least 10 charity shops and seeing the sea. What else does a day need?
That evening mum took me to see her local trig point.
Then we worked on some super secret wedding projects, of which I cannot currently show you here (may be less exciting than you think).
On Saturday I headed into Exeter to visit Abbie.
We had a scrummy lunch of quiche and strawberries and enjoyed catching up.
On Saturday evening I headed to dad's, and on Sunday morning we took the canoe out for a paddle on the Great Western Canal. We walked the boat from the car, put our buoyancy aids on, put the boat in the water... then realised we'd left the paddles at home. A 1hr round trip later we were on the water! Plonkers.
It included a wee tunnel.



And plenty of ducklings and cootlings. The water was pretty full of vegetation, and made it hard going after a while. We therefore abandoned our paddle to the pub, electing to paddle back to the car and instead drive to it. Chips were still eaten!
I don't think I've seen the start of a canal so starkly before. Not quite like how it ends in a quay/the sea in Exeter.


Dad bought rubbish picking gear, but fortunately there wasn't much to be found!









No comments:
Post a Comment