This year was my first time working Christmas Day. I’ve worked on Boxing Day before, which was unenjoyable (new rotation + post Christmas grumps). Christmas Day this year however on the gynaecology ward was warming, relaxed and festive. As you can expect, not many people present to hospital on Christmas Day and many patients are discharged prior, leading me to have an uneventful shift. There were many festive headbands, cheerful nurses and midwives, Christmas films, and more food than any of us could ever eat. I took this opportunity to clean out our handover room too, filling an entire bin with junk that we don’t use - let’s seen how long this tidiness lasts for.
I drove home late on Christmas Day from Cwmbran and arrived before 10pm to dad’s in Exeter. There we spent a few days enjoying our traditional Christmas of scrummy food, a Knives Out film, jigsaws and much chilling. My lovely family postponed their own Christmas Days so we could celebrate it together on Boxing Day - thank you!!
Mum and I rounded off the year completing various craft kits we found in the house, and I spent a productive hour (or 2!) organising my embroidery thread. I really should do before and after shots!
Before:
After:
I also saw the lovely Abbie and Georgie for an afternoon of games and more food.
We (Cait + dad + I) headed up to Bristol on the 30th for a scrummy dinner visit to John and Jacqueline - driving separately, I was left alone! (Cait wanted the driving practice in dad’s car). I picked up Mark from Parkway to join us - gorgeous to see him again after a week.
Back to Cardiff that evening ready for my next shift on the 31st - it never ends!














No comments:
Post a Comment